If you’re between 9 – 13 years old, come and join Singapore’s first Junior Hackathon! Have an awesome time solving problems that matter to you & WIN prizes! Bring innovation to your home, school and neighbourhood. You don’t have to go at it alone! You’ll have mentors from some of the best Tech companies & startups giving you a hand. No experience necessary!
Register Today! It’s FREE!
The event is full! We are adding more seats!
Please sign up for the Waitlist through the Minor Inc. App.
1. Download the Minor Inc app and go to “Offers and Events”
2. Register for the event: CreateLab’s Junior Hackathon “My Future Singapore”
You will be notified when a seat becomes available!
Participants will work in teams of 4 or 5. Participants are free to join as a team or individually. Individual participants will be assigned a team, closer to the date. Each team will have an appointed mentor.
Each team will have to brainstorm and come up with ideas of how they can solve a particular problem or service a need in their home, school or neighbourhood using technology. They will then try to solve the identified problem together as a team (with the support of their assigned mentor) and build a rough prototype. Ultimately, they will pitch their ideas and prototypes to the judging panel.
Each team is expected to present 3 deliverables:
- Identify a unique problem to solve at home, school or their neighbourhood
- A poster format presentation of the proposed solution
- A basic prototype of the solution (coded in Scratch or another programming lanugage)
- All you need is to be excited about creating something awesome and making new friends.
- If you are joining as an individual, some prior experience in Scratch or another programming language is great, but not mandatory
- If you are joining as a team, we encourage that at least one member has some experience in programming
- Note: Scratch (scratch.mit.edu) is the preferred programming language for the event. There will be ample support available for participants who are building their prototypes using Scratch. Use of other languages and tools are also welcome
Things You’ll Need
All participants are required to bring their own laptops for the event. All other materials, including lunch, will be provided.
There will be prizes and surprises for everyone! The top 3 winning teams will get to walk away with even more goodies as well as medals!
- Prof. Suranga Nanayakkara – Head of Augmented Human Lab at SUTD, visiting faculty MIT, TEDx Speaker and INK Fellow – will talk about Design Thinking and Creative Problem Solving
- All our volunteer Mentors are from some of the largest tech companies and startups in Singapore
- Create Lab’s facilitators will also be at hand to provide support for the teams
The Judging Panel
- Mr Vance Ng – Deputy Head of Smart Nation Programme Office, Singapore
- Mr Ishi Singh – Global Head of New Business Incubation, Education at Google
- Prof. Ken Khan – Senior Research Scientist University of Oxfod, NUS Visiting Professor, Computational Thinking Pioneer
Parents Please Note
- This is a drop-off and pick-up event. However, parent’s are encouraged to attend and cheer on the teams during the pitching session in the last hour of the Hackathon (starting 2pm)
- Safety, mutual respect and fair play are the guiding principles of this event. The organisers reserve the right restrict participation of those who act contrary to these principles.
By taking part in this event, Parents/Guardians consent and acknowledge that photographs/digital images and videos of the participants taken during the event may be used for promotion including newsletters, leaflets, posters. They may also be circulated to the media. The photographs may also be used on the Create Lab website and affiliated social media platforms. Any photographs/digital images and videos taken will be used solely for the purposes of promoting Create Lab Pte Ltd and its affiliates.